Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Cocktails @ SkyBar, Traders Hotel KL

Why do we like Sky Bar in Traders Hotel KL?

Great cocktails and a great view of the world-famous Petronas Twin Towers... if you're a tourist, this is definitely a must-visit spot.

World-famous Petronas Twin Towers


Sky Bar located on the 33rd Floor of Traders Hotel KL, boasting one of the best views of the Petronas Twin Towers and KL skyline. It is a great place to chill and enjoy a few drinks with your friends. We were here recently to redeem some free drinks that I won from a Twitter contest ;)

Nice and bright space during the daytime



Hotel's swimming pool is located in the centre of Sky Bar. The pool is open until 7pm.

Out of the 5 signature drinks, we tried 4 of them - the Kiwitini, Lychee Rose, Raised in Manhattan and Selangor Sling. My favorite was the ladies martini Lychee Rose (RM36), with Belvedere vodka, lychee liqueur and rose syrup.A sweet, feminine drink.

Lychee Rose

Garnished with a lychee

Selangor Sling (RM42) - Bombay sapphire gin, cherry brandy liqueur with pressed pineapple juice, fresh lemon juice, and a touch of angostura bitters. I quite like this one too.

Raised in Manhattan (RM37) - sweet rosso Vermouth and Jim Beam white bourbon infused with dark raisins

Kiwitini (RM57), their bestseller here, fresh kiwi muddled with Belvedere vodka and topped with Taittinger Brut.


Cool fan.. literally






Location: Sky Bar, Level 33, Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: 03- 2332 9888

GPS Coordinates: 3.154271, 101.715417

Website: http://www.shangri-la.com/en/property/kualalumpur/traders

14 comments:

  1. Hi Yen,

    I'm envious of you having this nice opportunity to sit back and enjoy the beautiful view of KL at this very posh place... Wow!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to visit this place next time you're in KL, if u want a great view of the Twin Towers :)

      Delete
  2. A little bird told me that ladies get free cocktails on a wednesday evening...but then it is worth splurging just to enjoy a drink with that amazing view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Sarah, there is indeed such a promotion ;)The evening view is pretty spectacular too.

      Delete
  3. Selangor Sling seems to be a pretty cheesy name. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend once insisted that he took me here but I refused as I don;t drink - not anymore and as I grew older,I suddenly develop this fear of heights - probably something to do with my sense of balance. So you go ahead. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh, this looks like cocktail prices here are showing the effects of inflation! but ya, it's definitely worth taking out-of-town friends here! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing is, the cocktails are rather potent!

      Delete
  6. I love city views so much! They're so vibrant and full of life! :D And these cocktails would go down a treat too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Though I live in KL, I still get awed everytime I see the towers.

      Delete
  7. Great view! I love all this high places with great view. I can spend hours looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how's the price for dinner? can enlighten me before my visit to make sure its worth dining there =)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...